Few of us will get through this winter without some level of drop in income. But with our Money Matters Team firmly on your side there’s no need to bury your head in the sand (or snow).
Whether you’re on the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, you’ve been made redundant or you’re acing bigger bills because you’re at home more, many people are finding they have less money in their pocket right now.
But your new circumstances might mean you’re entitled to new support that you’re unaware of. That’s why it’s more important than ever to know our team is on standby to help you navigate potential benefits, grants and savings.
7 WAYS WE CAN HELP YOU SAVE
- Benefit Check - £10 billion of benefits go unclaimed every year. That’s money put aside by the Government to help ease the money worries of people who are entitled to support. We’ll run a check to make sure you’re not missing out and we’ll help you to apply.
- Debt Advice - If you’re struggling to manage your budget and are unable to pay your monthly bills, we can help. We’ve recently joined the Money Advice Network so can get you debt advice quickly – sometimes on the same day. We can also advise on loan sharks and illegal lending.
- Help With Budgeting - Working out your budget takes a little effort but we can help and once you have a clear picture of what you can afford, it will be so much easier to stick to.
- Food Banks - No one should go hungry and if you find yourself unable to put food on the table you may be able to receive an emergency food parcel. Ask us for more information.
- Save On Water - The SupportPlus tariff from Northumbrian Water can reduce your water bill by up to 50%. Speak to us to check your eligibility.
- Warm Home Discount - These schemes offer up to £140 towards your energy bills. A simple way to find out if you’re eligible is through Let’s Talk, an organisation that manages the discounts on behalf of a number of energy suppliers. You can visit lets-talk.online for more information or we’ll do it for you.
- Winter Fuel Payment - If you were born on or before 5 October 1954 you could get between £100 and £300 to help you pay your heating bills. If you’re eligible you’ll usually be paid automatically but we can double check for you.
We are experts in benefit law and entitlement. It’s our full time job to keep track of what’s changed and what’s new so we can help maximise your income. We might not be able to meet in person at the moment but it’s still business as usual, with friendly advice being provided by phone and more advisers than ever on hand to take your call.
Get in touch with the Money Matters Team directly by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, calling us on 0808 164 0111 or by filling in the form on our website karbonhomes.co.uk