Scammer targeting homes in Stanley
We’ve been made aware of an incident in Stanley that involved a man posing as a Karbon Homes’ trade colleague.
We now have more information about the scammer/s trying to access homes in Stanley.
What we now know:
- This seems to be affecting the Stanley area only
- The scammer is claiming to be measuring up for a new kitchen/bathroom but has no appointment
- When the scammer has been challenged, he says he has only been working for Karbon for a very short time
What you can do to help:
- If this person knocks, please ask them for their full name. We know what they could give you may be fake, but it could help us
- Try and remember what they look like so we can pass on physical descriptions to the police
- Look to see how they arrived at your property – are they on foot or in a car / van and if so, what does it look like, can you get any part of their registration?
- If either you or a neighbour have CCTV footage that could be shared with us, please send via Facebook messenger or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040
- Contact the police on 101