After a year of lockdowns, it’s only natural that many of us will be keen to make the most of opportunities to get outside and socialise with friends, family and neighbours.
But it’s important we are mindful of how our work, socialising and music can impact on others. Here are a few tips to keeping gardens relaxing for all:
- Carry out any noisy jobs in the middle of the day when fewer people are likely to be disturbed.
- Don’t put noisy water features or wind chimes near neighbouring properties. If you can, switch them off or silence them at night / if you go away.
- Wear headphones if you want to listen to music while sunbathing or mowing the lawn.
- If you’re planning a barbeque or party, give your neighbours the heads-up and make sure you stop at a reasonable time.
- If you’re having an outdoor event, remember that noise will travel further and will affect people
Did you know we have two services to help tackle anti-social behaviour?
iWitness is an out of hours service to provide support when you need it.
Our specially trained, independent and accredited officers will come out to gather evidence when you report incidents of anti-social behaviour, that are happening at the time of your call. They can provide accurate and credible witness statements, that are essential for effectively handling these issues and can help speed up our follow-up investigations.
Just call the usual Karbon Homes number and if it’s out of hours you’ll be directed to iWitness.
In an emergency, always call the police on 999, or 101 for less serious incidents.
The Noise App
The Noise App is a free, quick and easy way to use your smartphone to create an accurate record of noise that is causing an annoyance or nuisance and affecting you.
Once you’ve recorded your evidence, you can send it directly to us to review and investigate.
The recordings are uploaded directly onto a secure site that our officers access and can use to review the noise disturbance, provide feedback and decide on the necessary action.
Find out more on our website www.karbonhomes. co.uk/customer-area/my-community/