Enhanced restrictions for the North East – 17 September 2020
As a result of increased Covid-19 cases in our region, enhanced restrictions are being imposed across Durham, Gateshead, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, North Tyneside, Northumberland, South Tyneside and Sunderland from 12am Friday 18 September 2020.
The restrictions include:
- Not socialising with other people outside of your household or support bubble indoors or outdoors, including private homes and gardens
- Pubs, restaurants and other food and drink outlets will be restricted to table service only and required to close between 10pm and 5am.
Residents are also advised:
- Not to socialise with other people outside of their own households in all public venues
- Only to use public transport for essential purposes, such as travelling to school or work
- Take holidays only within your own household or support bubble
- Avoid attending amateur and semi-professional sporting events as spectators.
The seven North East Local Authorities have published some useful FAQs on the measures and what this means for everyone and you can view these here.
As throughout this pandemic, the health and safety of our customers and colleagues is our main priority. We’ve reviewed the guidance currently available and we believe that there will be little impact on our services to you. We can, however, see that there will be some changes for customers in our Extra Care and Sheltered Schemes and we will be getting in touch with them directly.
We have detailed risk assessments in place and Covid-Secure workplace arrangements that will enable us to continue to deliver our services in a safe way for both customers and colleagues.
We’ll continue to review the situation as local guidance changes and keep you updated.
Our teams are here to help you so please get in touch. Our colleagues will also be contacting some customers direct to see if they need any additional assistance from us.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding.
Jo Ray, Executive Director of Customer Services