Your questions answered

We've pulled together the most common questions we are asked when you rent a home from us.

We hope you find these useful, if you do have anything else you would like to ask us, please contact us.


Your rent is due every Monday as stated in your tenancy agreement unless you have made an arrangement with us to pay fortnightly or monthly in advance. 

A member of the customer accounts team will contact you in the first week of your tenancy to discuss your personal circumstances and discuss payment options Please note this call may come from an anonymous number

In addition, we've made it as simple as possible for you to pay your rent. Here are the best ways to do this: 

  • With your debit card via your MyKarbon account
  • By Direct Debit – we can collect your payments weekly, fortnightly, 4-weekly or monthly on any day that is convenient for you. Give us a call to set this up for you
  • Call our freephone number 0808 164 0111 then select the make a payment option 
  • At your local Post Office or Pay Point outlet. You will need your allpay swipe card to use this service, please contact us if you need a replacement card.

When you get the keys to the property your heating and hot water won’t be on.

The Lettings Co-ordinator will tell you which company your energy supply is currently with when they talk to you about signing your tenancy agreement and we will confirm it in your welcome email.

If the email says your supplier is Utilta you need to contact us to arrange a gas engineer to turn on your boiler.

 If your supply is with any other provider then you will need to contact them directly to get the account into your name and get the supply switched on,  once this is done (and you have credit on your meter if a credit meter)  please contact us to arrange a gas engineer to switch on your boiler.  

The gas engineer who attends the appointment will show you how your heating works.

For further information please read the information provided with the new tenancy paperwork

You can find out the name of the housing officer on the information leaflet “Ways to pay your rent” which you would’ve received as part of the signup documents.

Your housing officer will be in touch with you in the first month to make sure you are settling in (28 day visit). They will call you to confirm this.

If you have any questions regarding your tenancy or any other housing issues your housing officer is the person to speak to.

If there is no bin at your home when you move in you will need to contact your local council and ask them to provide you with bins. Please note the council may charge you for any bins, Karbon do not supply bins nor will refund you the cost of buying them.

Something else to ask us?

Get in touch

If you are still unsure of anything relating to your new home then you can contact us: