A leaseholder is:
- A resident who has bought their flat, under the Right to Buy Legislation or through other leasehold schemes – they own their own property but not the block it’s in, or the land its built on
- A resident who has purchased the property outright but doesn’t hold the freehold of the building or the land it’s associated with
- A shared owner – where they have purchased a share of the property
- Someone who has bought a property from a Karbon Homes leaseholder and taken over the lease
- Someone who inherits the lease in a will.