- If applying for shared ownership your application form will go to the Help to Buy agent who will check you are eligible. They should respond to your application within two working days
- Once approved, the Help to Buy agent then sends a copy of your application to Karbon. Karbon will contact you within two working days to request full supporting documents
- Karbon carry out a full financial assessment and take up any references as required
- Karbon carry out a credit check
- Karbon will contact you with the outcome of the assessment
- If approved, Karbon update the current owner and estate agent as applicable then instruct solicitors to progress the sale
- Solicitors take you through the conveyancing process to exchange of contracts and completion
- The estate agent will usually arrange for keys to be handed over to you following completion
- You move into your new home!
* Home owners – To qualify you must be purchasing a property as your only home and you may not qualify if you have a home to sell or have your name on a residential mortgage. Possible exceptions would be if you are buying through Older Persons Shared Ownership or have to sell your home due to the breakdown of a relationship.