Complaints, compliments and suggestions

Dealing with your complaint

If you receive a poor service then please tell us about it so we have the opportunity to put things right. We greatly appreciate your time and view any feedback as an opportunity to improve our services.

If you have any complaints, compliments or feedback for us, please contact us first. We’re always listening and ready to work hard to resolve your concerns straight away. If we are unable to resolve the problem there and then we will undertake a full investigation to understand the facts and get back to you no later than 5 working days.

Our service standards

  • Respond to your call between 8.00 am - 6.00 pm Monday to Friday
  • Answer calls within 100 seconds
  • Return an answerphone message within one working day
  • Provide a 24-hour emergency helpline to report emergency repairs, pay your rent online and report anti-social behaviour
  • Respond to written correspondence within seven working days.
  • Acknowledge website, social media and email enquiries within one working day.
  • Acknowledge complaints or compliments within one working day and provide a full response within 5 working days. 

New ‘Complaint Handling Code’


The Housing Ombudsman has published a new Complaint Handling Code enabling landlords to swiftly resolve complaints raised by residents and to use the learning from complaints to improve services.

The code will also help residents understand what to expect from their landlord when they make a complaint and how to progress their complaint.

All landlords are required to evaluate their current complaint handling procedures against the code and the Housing Ombudsman Service has provided a self-assessment form to support in doing this.

We have completed this self-assessment form. We pledge to regularly refer to the code and consider it in the design of any alterations we make to our complaints service.

Money advice complaints

Karbon's debt advice service is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) FRN 775843.

If you are not happy with the service we provide, please tell us and we will register your complaint. Call us on 0808 164 0111.

The Financial Ombudsman Service

If you are not happy with our final response you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

The service provides a free, independent service for clients to solve disputes with not-for-profit debt advice providers.

The Financial Ombudsman Service will only step in once Karbon Homes has had the opportunity to investigate matters, so please contact us first.

You can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to review your complaint if your complaint is about debt advice or if you were seeking advice about your credit record and you are not satisfied with Karbon's final response or if eight weeks have passed since you first let Karbon know about your concerns.

Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service

By post:

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London E14 9SR

By phone: 

0800 0234 567 - calls to this number are free on mobile phones and landlines

0300 1239 123 - calls to this number cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers

By email:

Or visit: